4th ACM International Workshop on
Services Integration in Pervasive Environments
July 13-17, 2009, London, UK
Accepted papers available !
Download Call For Papers
In the last years, service-oriented computing and pervasive computing are emerging as the next computing paradigms. Service-oriented computing allows to easily develop, publish and use software functionalities. Pervasive computing rests on mobile and/or embedded devices, available anywhere and anytime, that can potentially provide services. Bringing these two trends together raises the new challenge of integrating/unintegrating, in an application, non-predefined services just discovered in the pervasive environment.
Three main sub-areas of this challenge are tackled in this workshop:
We welcome the submission of papers from the full spectrum of issues related to services integration in pervasive environments. The list of topics includes, but is not limited to:
- Frameworks/Infrastructures for services integration: different developing frameworks exist and can be used or modified to ease services integration; different deployment infrastructures also exist and can be adapted to take into account the pervasive nature of the environment.
- Services interactions: allowing non-predefined services to interact implies to have 'smart' and adaptive matching and communication mechanisms.
- Dynamic combining of services: because pervasive environments are highly dynamic, the integration of services needs to be aware of context changes to choose the more appropriate combining/deployment techniques.
Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts, which should be written in English and with a very precise and concise presentation of no more than 6 pages in ACM format. Authors are invited to send their manuscripts as an attachment (PDF or PS format) by email to the workshop chair at email@example.com. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper. Workshop proceedings will be included in the edition of the ICPS conference, published by ACM.
- Developing frameworks for services integration
- Deployment infrastructures for services integration
- Semantic services discovery and matching
- Adaptive communication protocols for pervasive services
- Context-aware integration
- Aspect-oriented approaches in pervasive environments
- Services composition and choreography in pervasive environments
- Integration strategies
- Monitoring and management of services integration
- Contracting and negotiating approaches of integration
- Ontologies of integration
- Secure pervasive integration
- Business integration approaches for pervasive services
- Enterprise service integration
- Autonomic integration
For further formatting details, please follow the link below for directions on how to format the camera ready version of your manuscript: http://www.sheridanprinting.com/typedept/icps.htm.
- Submission of papers: March 17, 2009 * Deadline extension *
- Notification of acceptance: April 6, 2009
- Camera-ready version of papers: April 16, 2009
- Workshop date: July 13-17, 2009
- Yolande Berbers -- (KU Leuven, Belgium)
- Tarak Chaari -- (ISECS, Sfax, Tunisia)
- Filip De Turck -- (Ghent University, Belgium)
- Didier Donsez -- (University Joseh Fourier, France)
- Stéphane Frénot -- (INRIA / INSA Lyon, France)
- Nikolaos Georgantas -- (INRIA, France)
- Levent Gurgen -- (NII, Japan)
- Sajid Hussain -- (Acadia University, Canada)
- Noha Ibrahim -- (LIG, France)
- Julia Kantorovitch -- (VTT, Finland)
- Rüdiger Kapitza -- (FAU-Erlangen, Germany)
- Frédéric Le Mouël -- (INRIA / INSA Lyon, France)
- Nicolas Le Sommer -- (University of South Brittany, France)
- Jorge Parra -- (IKERLAN, Spain)
- Pravin Pawar -- (University of Twente, The Netherlands)
- Pierre Parrend -- (FZI, Germany)
- Philippe Roose -- (University of Pau, France)
- Claudia Roncancio -- (LIG, France)
- Ioanna Roussaki -- (NTUA, Greece)
- Sotirios Terzis -- (University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom)
- Andrew Tokmakoff -- (Philips Research, The Netherlands)
Online registration is open in the ICPS'09 registration web page.
To find hotel information and venue details, refer to ICPS'09 Hotel and London web pages.
- "QoS-Based Design Method for Constraint Device Based Applications"
Christine Louberry, Philippe Roose, Marc Dalmau (LIUPPA, IUT de Bayonne, Université de Pau, France)
- "Guaranteeing Correctness of Component Bindings in Dynamic Adaptive Systems based on Runtime Testing"
Dirk Niebuhr, Andreas Rausch (TU Clausthal, Institute of Computer Science, Software Systems Engineering Research Group, Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany)
- "Emergent Application Integration of Ubiquitous Information Systems (UBIS)"
David Bell (Brunel University, School of Information Systems, Computing and Mathematics, Uxbridge, UK)
- "UbiGate: A Gateway to Transform Discovery Information into Presence Information"
Tegawendé Bissyandé (ENSEIRB, Department of Telecommunications, France), Laurent Réveillère, David Bromberg (University of Bordeaux 1, France)
in cooperation with
University of Arizona